Monday, March 7, 2011

Life in the Slow Lane

So...I was so excited to have five days off (in a row)...still glad I have those days off, but for a totally different reason...

I had a list (surprise, surprise) of things I wanted to get done.  Nothing monumental, no emergency things, just little things that would make my life easier...but, instead of racing through that list of to-do's, there's been a slight change in plans.  I've (again) done something... or something's been done to...my back.  So, while I would love to say I checked off 12 things on my list, I've really only accomplished 1 thing...rest.  I'm not blogging this for sympathy, just pondering why this has happened now.  To be perfectly honest, I think I know why...my focus has been, well...out-of-focus for a while.  Too consumed with "me."  A verse comes to mind..."I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)."  Except I've left out the "through Christ" part and emphasized the "I" part a lot of the time.  That's a difficult confession to make...aren't I supposed to be beyond that in my spiritual life?  Yes, but when my focus is out-of-focus, the focus is on me and my abilities, not on what Christ can do through me...for His glory.

So...as my plans for these five days have changed, I'm praying my focus will also change from what I can do to what Christ can do through me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment