Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Next Big Step...

So...on this road of weight loss and fitness, I've learned a few things about myself...

~ I've got a long way to go, but it's like eating an elephant...one bite at a time. 

~ It's also like the tortoise and the hare...slow and steady.  (At the same time, I would love to be the hare!)  But I know the habits I've developed in the past 12 weeks are life-long habits; and I'm proud of myself for doing that.

~ I don't have to treat every meal like it's my last one...

~ I can be satisfied with much less...wow!  That's a huge one for me.  It's always been about quantity.  This one was proved to me last night.  We had steak for supper (first time since I've been on the plan).  My hubby has learned to grill my steak to perfection.  I asked for a specific number of ounces when he bought my steak (which he lovingly complied with).  I looked over at his steak...it was twice the size of mine...and I thought, "I want his steak...and mine!"  But after eating my half-size steak and sweet potato, I was completely satisfied.  Maybe more than satisfied.  I was amazed that I was thinking I could have eaten less and been every bit as satisfied.  I'm telling you...that's huge for me!!

~ Moving really does make me feel better...Moving really does make me feel better...Moving really does make me feel better.  (I'm repeating this so I'll believe it!)  I hate to exercise...I just hate to exercise.  But I know that it's a piece of the puzzle I'm missing.  So, I'm taking the next big step...heading out the door today to join the gym.  Oh, I know...I don't have to spend money on a gym to start moving.  But I've been sitting on my lazy rear end for all my life not spending money on a gym...and so far that hasn't worked!  So, maybe if I feel the pain in my checkbook, I'll start to feel the pain...and the gain...in my body!

I'll let you know how it goes...

Just an update on the progress...12 weeks, 15.8 pounds, 6.25" lost.  Long road still ahead...but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment